Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Scars and something else...

Hello there!!

For those people who follow my blog, you might notice my absence. But you may also know that this is normal for me, specially after a good book or a bad one. Yes, I have been reading, nothing that big or exciting, unfortunately, but I have been reading. One of the books that I read was a non fiction Spanish book, and it was about this Mexican actress and her struggles with her love life. The book is called Soltera pero no Sola by Claudia Cervantes in case if you wonder.

Another good book (if you can called it good because it's a sad story) is Scars by Cheryl Rainfield.  Kendra is a sad and lonely fifteen year old who was raped by an unknown person, ever since she was 3 years old, until she was 12. Even so she has being raped over and over, her mind is represing the memories and does not want to know (I guess) who her abuser is. She only remembers little fragments.  Now that she is older and and through help from her therapist, she is starting to remember more and more. There is so much going on right now on her life, she knows that she has being follow and to cope from her fears she is cutting herself. This is until she finds help from another lonely girl and her feelings for her changed from friendship to something else. This is a really an exciting book! There are a lot of secrets, mystery and drama!!!and of course at the end you find out who the abuser is (I actually figured it out right away).

No comments:

Post a Comment